If you could not find an answer to your problem in our FAQ pages, please submit a Tech Support Form
Click here to back to trending articles.
Yes! Apps such as Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, Zoom Meeting, and Facebook Live allow you to record/stream using both digital and analog iRig devices.
Analog iRig devices use a direct connection to your mobile device's headphone port. This is usually through a 3.5mm TRRS connection. Digital iRig devices use a direct connection to your mobile device's USB-C, Lightning, or Micro-USB port.
Keep in mind, most apps, including Instagram and Facebook Live will not allow the playback of copyrighted content. Playing back copyrighted content can have your Live stream stopped without an error. Some apps will require you to start the video recording to activate your microphone. Not all apps will offer external audio input for every video capture option. In Instagram, the "Story" feature will not allow external devices.
Important: On iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod), due to the nature of Facebook and Instagram Live and how they capture audio. The below work around can be used with our audio interfaces (such as iRig Stream, iRig Pro DUO I/O, or iRig HD 2) to allow for an uninterrupted audio input source.
- Download and launch iRig Recorder 3 LE from the Apple App Store. This is a free app.
- Go to the Menu in the upper right hand corner and then go to Settings. Inside here enable the Background audio option.
- Use the COG WHEEL in the main page to select your input source. Keep in mind this is only an option for multi-input devices, so if you see a greyed out "Mono" option, this is because your device only offers this kind of input signal.
Note: Instagram Live will only allow a mono signal when streaming. Unfortunately, this is not under IK's control. Do note, posting videos will allow stereo signals.
- Make sure "Loopback" is not enabled unless intended to be. Read more on Loopback here. Do note, the iRig Stream will allow direct monitoring at all times. In some cases, you might hear a duplicate signal from iRig Recorder 3. In these cases, make sure to mute the headphone level in iRig Recorder 3. To do this, tap the headphone level and then tap the "X" on top of the headphones.
- Launch Facebook or Instagram and go to the Live video function. The audio input will now be routed to these apps.
FAQ ID: 1272