Can I use ARC System with my system output on Windows or Mac?
On both Mac and PC, yes, this is possible using some third party software.
Please do note, if you have an issue with any third party software, this is outside of IK Multimedia's control. These steps are offered for those who don't mind using some extra software to make things happen.
- Windows: Download and install VB-Cable here. This program will allow you to route your system audio to a virtual cable.
Mac: Download and install iShowU Audio Capture. This program will allow you to route your system audio to a virtual cable.
- Download Pedalboard 2. This program can be used to route signal through different plug-ins similarly to a DAW.
- Windows: Download and install ASIO4ALL here. This driver set will allow multiple devices to be used at a single time on Windows.
Mac: Create an Aggregate device to allow you to accept input from iShowU Audio Capture and play output from your audio interface.
- Restart your system to allow all the proper changes to be made to your system. This should be done with any driver installations.
- Windows: Next, open up your Control Panel and go to the Hardware & Sounds section -> Sounds. Set your systems output to the CABLE Input (VB-Audio Virtual Cable).
Mac: Next, use the search tool in the upper right hand corner to open the Audio/MIDI set up and set "iShowU Audio Capture" as your system output with a right-click.
- Windows: Launch Pedalboard 2 and use Options -> Audio Settings. Select your input as your VB Cable, which would be your system audio output, then select your output as your main sound card or audio interface.
Mac: Launch Pedalboard 2 and use Options -> Audio Settings. Select your input as your iShowU Audio Capture, which would be your system audio output, then select your output as your main sound card or audio interface.
- Next, inside Pedalboard 2 go to Options -> Plug-in List. In this menu go to Options -> Scan for new... and press scan. If you use custom plug-in folders, you can add them here.
- Now, exit this settings menu and load ARC 2.5 or ARC 3 by double-clicking anywhere in the background.
- Route your audio through the ARC 2.5 or ARC 3 plug-ins with the on-screen cables. To do this, click the button/notch to the right of your Audio Input "Input 1" and "Input 2", a cable will appear which you can attach to the left side of the ARC 2 plug-in. Follow this method to route your output as well.
- Now you can use the "E" button on the ARC 2.5 or ARC 3 plug-in to edit your settings.
FAQ ID: 1261