If you could not find an answer to your problem in our FAQ pages, please submit a Tech Support Form
Click here to back to trending articles.
This is a guide to help you get SampleTank 4, SampleTank 4 SE, SampleTank 4 MAX, or additional SampleTank 4 expansion libraries installed and loading properly. All of these versions of SampleTank 4 will use the same installation method.
Follow these steps below:
- Find your downloads on the IK web site. These are stored in My Products. To find your version of SampleTank 4 use the Search tool.
- Download your files. Under your product's title find the three different pieces for SampleTank 4 to operate properly.
- SampleTank 4 Software Download - This download can be found to the right of your product title. Select the option for the operating system of your machine.
- SampleTank 4 Instrument Download - This single download can be found under the Sound Download pop up menu.
- SampleTank 4 Samples Downloads - This part of SampleTank 4 is broken up into sections by instrument category. These downloads can be found under the Sound Download pop up menu. Make sure to download all samples sections before getting started. Hold the control (Windows) or command (Mac) key to select multiple downloads. This function is limited to 10 at a time.
- Extract your downloaded files. Use your systems extraction tool to unzip your compressed downloaded files. On Mac double click a file to extract it's contents.
- Install your software and sound content files. Unless you are advanced user, we suggest you use the default locations for your software and sound content. Below are the default locations for both the SampleTank 3 and SampleTank 4 sound content. Even though SampleTank 4 and SampleTank 4 MAX include SampleTank 3 sounds, these libraries are meant to be installed separately to different locations.
Software Installation Example:
Sound Content Installation Example:
- Authorize your software. Launch the IK Authorization Manager included with SampleTank 4 and insert your serial number. All product serial numbers are listed in your My Products under Serials & Authorizations.
- You're ready to play! Open SampleTank 4 and your newly installed content should be scanned. Once scanned, your instruments will appear ready for use. To change or view where SampleTank 4 is 'looking' for your sounds, go to the Settings > Sound Content page.
Default locations for SampleTank sound content:
Mac HD > Users > Shared > IK Multimedia > SampleTank 3
Mac HD > Users > Shared > IK Multimedia > SampleTank 4
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4
If you use a custom installation path for your Instruments make sure to install all parts of your sound content to the same location.
The images above show how your SampleTank 4 sound content folder's top level should look when using a custom install path. Notice there is a certain folder structure here. If this is structure is not seen by SampleTank 4, your sounds may not appear properly.
For extra help, you can find your user manual in My Products as well as the location below after the installation of SampleTank 4.
Mac HD > User > Name >Library > Documentation > IK Multimedia > Product Folder
C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4
If you still need help after this FAQ, contact support here.
FAQ ID: 1235