Getting Started with the SampleTank 4 (Digital Download) Installation Process
This is a guide to help you get SampleTank 4, SampleTank 4 SE, SampleTank 4 MAX, or additional SampleTank 4 expansion libraries installed and loading properly. All of these versions of SampleTank 4 will use the same installation method.
Follow these steps below to get started with the IK Product Manager:
- Download the IK Product Manager
- Log into your IK Multimedia account and go to Manage My Products
- Under the Software tab click the Install button to the right of SampleTank 4
- Once installed, use the Authorize button just under the Installed button
- Next, go to the Sounds tab of the IK Product Manager
- Find the sounds you wish to install or use the SampleTank 4, SampleTank 4 SE, or SampleTank 4 MAX collections and use the Install button to the right
Follow these steps below to get started without the IK Product Manager:
- Find your downloads on the IK web site. These are stored in My Products. To find your version of SampleTank 4 use the Search tool.
- Download your files. Under your product's title find the three different pieces for SampleTank 4 to operate properly.
- SampleTank 4 Software Download - This download can be found to the right of your product title. Select the option for the operating system of your machine.
- SampleTank 4 Instrument Download - This single download can be found under the Sound Download pop up menu.
- SampleTank 4 Samples Downloads - This part of SampleTank 4 is broken up into sections by instrument category. These downloads can be found under the Sound Download pop up menu. Make sure to download all samples sections before getting started. Hold the control (Windows) or command (Mac) key to select multiple downloads. This function is limited to 10 at a time.
- Extract your downloaded files. Use your systems extraction tool to unzip your compressed downloaded files. On Mac double click a file to extract it's contents.
- Install your software and sound content files. Unless you are advanced user, we suggest you use the default locations for your software and sound content. Below are the default locations for both the SampleTank 3 and SampleTank 4 sound content. Even though SampleTank 4 and SampleTank 4 MAX include SampleTank 3 sounds, these libraries are meant to be installed separately to different locations.
Software Installation Example:
Sound Content Installation Example:
- Authorize your software. Launch the IK Authorization Manager included with SampleTank 4 and insert your serial number. All product serial numbers are listed in your My Products under Serials & Authorizations.
- You're ready to play! Open SampleTank 4 and your newly installed content should be scanned. Once scanned, your instruments will appear ready for use. To change or view where SampleTank 4 is 'looking' for your sounds, go to the Settings > Sound Content page.
Default locations for SampleTank sound content:
Mac HD > Users > Shared > IK Multimedia > SampleTank 3
Mac HD > Users > Shared > IK Multimedia > SampleTank 4
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4
If you use a custom installation path for your Instruments make sure to install all parts of your sound content to the same location.
The images above show how your SampleTank 4 sound content folder's top level should look when using a custom install path. Notice there is a certain folder structure here. If this is structure is not seen by SampleTank 4, your sounds may not appear properly.
For extra help, you can find your user manual in My Products as well as the location below after the installation of SampleTank 4.
Mac HD > User > Name >Library > Documentation > IK Multimedia > Product Folder
C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4
If you still need help after this FAQ, contact support here.
FAQ ID: 1235