Before we get to the impressive array of Slash’s gear that’s included, a quick true story.
Slash is an AmpliTube user since the beginning. He’s used our studio versions for years on countless records both in tracking and post production roles. He also was an early adopter of the AmpliTube iPhone and the iRig. We didn’t know this until our interview, but many of the musical ideas you hear on “Apocalyptic Love” were first recorded on the road in various hotel rooms in the wee hours of the morning using an iRig and AmpliTube for iPad. No kidding. You can listen to him talking about it in our exclusive interview.
Now that you know he truly is a “user” of AmpliTube and not just an endorser (we don’t actually have “endorsers” for our products… all of our artists are active users and community supporters), you should get a better appreciation for what it is — pure Slash tone. Apocalypic tone. And now it can be yours.
Here’s what’s in AmpliTube Slash for iPad:
- /Delay – Slash's Delay Pedal, this model is based on the Boss® DD3™ digital delay
- Slash Gate – a handy little noise eliminator based on the MXR® Smart Gate®
- Slash “Octo Blue” – an octave & distortion pedal all in one! Based on the MXR® Blue Box™
- Slash X-Chorus – extreme control over chorus rate and eq, based on the MXR® Stereo Chorus
- Slash’s Secret Booster – kicks in the gain for solos, this little gem is based on a double secret Custom Audio Distortion/Boost pedal
- Slash Wah Dist – why wouldn’t you add a little more distortion with your wah? This über cool pedal is based on the Dunlop® SW95™ (Slash Wah). Get your “dirty wah” on.
- Marshall® JCM Slash Edition Silver Jubilee Head – Officially licensed Marshall® JCM Slash unit. What more do you need? It’s a Marshall!
- Marshall® AFD100 – Again, an official version of this unbelievable Marshall® high-gain head. Rock on.
Other Things you can Do
Not only can you rock Slash’s gear, you can record it right there on your iPad. AmpliTube Slash comes with a single-track recorder that’s expandable to an 8-track recorder with dual master effects sends (choose reverb, chorus or delay) and a master compressor and eq section for tightening up your mixes. In essence, it becomes the very tool used by the guitar master himself to get to the soul of his new album. And, you can buy the new album right from the app, along with a complete discography of Slash tunes.
But wait, there’s more…
AmpliTube Slash also features MIDI control so you can actually use your iPad live (check out our line of iKlip microphone stand adapters for the iPad) and control parameters and software buttons with your existing MIDI controller. Simply hook a MIDI interface (like our killer little iRig MIDI product) to your device, then to your controller. Enter the “easy to assign” MIDI control function and assign away all your knobs and pedal functions. Free your hands and your mind to focus on creation, not programming. Cool.
You’ll also get:
- 30 pin Digital Audio Support, compatible with the StealthPlug Audio Interface cable (requires Apple Camera Connection Kit)
- Audio Copy/Paste function from tracks and other apps
- Export function to SoundCloud and FTP (in addition to device library and file sharing)
So now you can rock a rock icon’s gear, anywhere — anytime. Hook up with AmpliTube Slash.