The easiest way to make quality recordings
on your iPhone, iPod, iPad
for your iOS Device
iRig Recorder is a powerful audio recording app for your iOS device that is convenient and easy to use. Now you can have a professional recording tool at your fingertips anytime, anywhere with intuitive and practical editing and export functions. Capture that great sound bite, inspiring speech, entire lecture or first words easily with your iOS device wherever life takes you.
iRig Recorder is the perfect companion to iRig Mic. Take iRig Mic and iRig Recorder anywhere to capture podcasts, interviews, concerts… any sound out in the field or at home. Then use iRig Recorder's intuitive editing tools to cut, crop or loop your audio. With its powerful effects processors, you can optimize tone for speech or music, clean up or eliminate background noise, brighten your voice for clarity and presence, smooth your voice in harsh or overly bright recordings, or change the speed of your tracks without affecting their pitch, and if desired, change the pitch of your recordings.
Export your files via E-mail, Wi-Fi, FTP, SoundCloud or iTunes File Sharing in a variety of sizes and formats (including 16-bit 44.1 kHz uncompressed). Record your world with iRig Recorder!
iRig Recorder is available as a free version (where you can add editing, processing and exporting features or the complete version with all the functions and processors immediately available, each as à la carte purchases in the in-app Shop.
- Convenient, easy-to-use mobile recording and editing app: just launch the app and press record!
- The perfect companion to iRig Mic for your podcasts, interviews, concert and field recordings
- One-touch recording with real-time monitoring
- Intuitive, non-destructive editing tools to cut, crop and loop your recordings
8 intelligent effects processors automatically optimize your recordings
- Optimize Volume: automatically adjusts for optimal volume
- Optimize Tone: automatically adjusts for optimal equalization
- Cleanup: automatically cleans up the background noise in recordings
- Brighten Voice: automatically increases clarity of speech and vocals
- Smooth Voice: automatically smooths harsh or overly bright vocals
- Speed Up: decreases the duration of the recording without altering its pitch
- Slow Down: increases the duration the speed of the recording without altering its pitch
- Pitch Shift: raises or lowers the pitch of the recording without changing duration
- Pitch and time – based effects include changing the speed of your recordings (without affecting pitch) to adapt your audio content to other media such as video, and also changing the pitch of your recordings without changing the duration
- Organizes your recordings by creation date and tags with geo location
- Transfer files via E-mail, Wi-Fi or iTunes File Sharing with easy upload to FTP or SoundCloud
- Export files as compressed .m4a or uncompressed .wav
- Recording time is only limited by the storage space on your iOS device
- FREE version also available with in-app shop to add individual features or upgrade to full functionality
How it works
The best field recorder is the one you always have with you
With your iPhone/iPod touch and iRig Recorder, you'll be able to capture any audio, any time and anywhere with just the push of a button. It's really that easy and simple.
Just Hit Record
Edit like a Pro
Using iRig Recorder is as simple as opening an app on your iOS device and clicking the record button. Any audio input device, such as iRig Mic or iRig Pre is automatically selected as your input. (iRig Recorder will automatically use the "built-in" microphones if an external device is not present.) Click the "record" button and you're on your way to instant audio capture. It's that simple.
Here's where iRig Recorder really stands out — its editing tools. Now with just the touch of a finger you can quickly and easily set in and out points, crop recordings, cut sections to create new snippets, loop sections and apply 8 different effects.
The "Process" Process
Click on the "process" button to access the effects section. Here you'll be able to audition and fine-tune effects to your liking, and then save them as new "recordings" for exporting. The effects include optimization tools for volume and overall tone, a "cleanup" effect for minimizing background noises, a "brighten" and "smooth" voice option for making vocals stand out, plus a speed control and pitch shifting effect for total file manipulation.
iRig recorder lets you export your recordings in either .m4a format or an uncompressed .wav file, and provides functions for sharing via email, iTunes file sharing, Wi-Fi, FTP Upload or SoundCloud. So now you can capture, trim, effectualize and share all within seconds of each other. And recording size is limited only by the device you are using.