iRig Mic Specifications
- Microphone Type: condenser electret
- Polar Pattern: unidirectional/cardioid
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz - 15 kHz, -3dB
- Maximum Sound Pressure (set for high sound pressure): 120 dB
- Maximum Sound Pressure (set for mid sound pressure): 90 dB
- Maximum Sound Pressure (set for low sound pressure): 75 dB
- Distortion: 3% THD at 120 dB, 1 kHz
- Windscreen: built-in
- Power and Connection: works with iOS, most Android devices (CTIA/AHJ compatible) and most Mac computers
Compatible with iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch (5th, 4th and 3rd generation), iPad Air, iPad 4th generation, iPad 3rd generation, iPad 2, iPad, iPad mini 2nd generation and iPad mini. iOS 4.3 or later is required.
To be compatible, the mobile device must be compliant with the CTIA/AHJ wiring standard, which is illustrated as follows. As of today, all popular Android devices branded Samsung, LG, Motorola, Google Nexus, HTC, Huawei and Sony use this standard.
Mac®: Most Mac computers starting from late 2008 are compatible with the exception of the Mac Pro line.
To check if your Mac is compatible select: About This Mac > More Info > System Report > Audio
and check that "External Microphone / iPhone headset" is appearing on the list of included features.