iRig Mic Specifications
- Microphone Type: condenser electret
- Polar Pattern: unidirectional/cardioid
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz - 15 kHz, -3dB
- Maximum Sound Pressure (set for high sound pressure): 120 dB
- Maximum Sound Pressure (set for mid sound pressure): 90 dB
- Maximum Sound Pressure (set for low sound pressure): 75 dB
- Distortion: 3% THD at 120 dB, 1 kHz
- Windscreen: built-in
- Power and Connection: works with iOS, most Android devices (CTIA/AHJ compatible) and most Mac computers
- iRig Mic microphone
- Protective iRig Mic zippered storage bag
- iRig Mic clamp
- 5/8” to 3/8” thread adapter
- Size: 225mm/8.85" x 45mm/1.77" x 45mm/1.77" (W x L x H)
- Weight: 300g/10.58oz
Compatible with iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch (5th, 4th and 3rd generation), iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad 4th generation, iPad mini, iPad 3rd generation, iPad 2, iPad. iOS 4.3 or later is required.
To be compatible, the mobile device must be compliant with the CTIA/AHJ wiring standard, which is illustrated as follows. As of today, all popular Android devices branded Samsung, LG, Motorola, Google Nexus, HTC, Huawei, Sony, Lenovo, Xiaomi and more, use this standard.
Mac®: Most Mac computers from 2008-2013 are compatible with the exception of the Mac Pro line.
There are issues with 2014 MacBook Pro and MacBook Air models as well as late 2013 iMac models, making them not compatible.
Aside from the above Mac models, you can check for your Mac compatibility by selecting:
About This Mac > More Info > System Report > Audio
and check that "External Microphone / iPhone headset" is appearing on the list of included features.