on your iPad
Jam out using Jimi’s legendary tones
The Jimi Hendrix legend continues. His revolutionary playing and creative use of guitars, amps and effects have influenced virtually every electric guitarist who’s come after him.
Using genuine Hendrix gear and our cutting-edge modeling technology, we developed an app that lets you tap into Jimi’s signature sounds right from your iPad. It’s AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™, which we created in collaboration with Authentic Hendrix, LLC.
The app, which is iOS 8 compatible, is a multi-FX processor and recording studio that gives you instant access to incredibly accurate digital models of Hendrix’s gear. We even offer the presets in discography format, so you can dial in the tone from specific Hendrix songs.
When you open AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™, you can choose between two guitar amps, JH GOLD (based on the Marshall® JTM45™) and JH DUAL (based on the Fender® Dual Showman™). Each has its own matching cabinet.You also get to choose either a condenser or dynamic mic on the speaker cabinet.
The app offers four stompbox effects that are modeled from authentic Hendrix pedals: Uni-V (model based on Univox™ Uni-Vibe™), Octa-V (model based on the Roger Mayer™ Octavia®), Fuzz Age (based on the Arbiter® Fuzz Face®), and Wah 46 (model based on the Vox® V846™ wah), which is unlocked after registration. We also offer the Noise Filter effect from AmpliTube, to keep the high-gain sounds under control. The stompboxes can be placed in any order in the four effects slots, and there’s a choice of a condenser or dynamic mic on the virtual speaker cabinet.
There’s magic in those presets
Usually presets are not the most exciting part of an app, but with AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™, we offer an extensive preset collection in the format of a Hendrix discography.
When you choose a preset, the app automatically selects the right amps and effects to totally nail the guitar tone from that song. Want to cop Jimi's tone from "Fire," the wild wah sound in "Rainy Day, Dream Away," or his fuzzed-out "Star Spangled Banner” tone? It’s easy: just select the preset.
Experience the songs
Once you’ve got that tone dialed in, you might want to open the Song Player in AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ and load in Hendrix songs (or anything else) from your device’s iPod player to jam along with. You can even purchase Hendrix songs directly from the Song player interface. Imagine being able to play along with Jimi, with a sound that matches his! By the way, you can also load songs using Wi-Fi (which lets you transfer songs from your computer really easily) and File sharing.
There’s more cool features in the Song window, including the Speed Trainer, which lets you take a song, for instance, “Red House” with Jimi’s incredible extended solo, and slow it down without changing the pitch so you can really hear what’s he was doing on the solo, in order to learn it yourself.
But that’s not all. The NO VOICE feature is a vocal eliminator that makes it possible for you to sing on “Fire” or “The Wind Cries Mary”, or any song you’ve loaded into the player. Want to be Jimi for a day? Here's your chance!
Inside this app is a single-track recorder that looks like a cool old reel-to-reel from Jimi’s era. It lets you record as you play through Jimi’s gear, and even change to different effects settings later. But if you want to really make some great recordings, buy the multitrack option through in-app purchase. Now you can have an 8-track studio, with two sends per track and a selection of master effects that include compression, reverb, delay and more.You also get track bouncing, editing and a whole lot more. You can even mix and master your productions without ever leaving the app — how cool is that?
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix for iPad also now supports project sharing. It lets you use iTunes File Sharing to copy and paste project folders between AmpliTube's different device versions.
We're not kidding when we say that AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ has an incredibly deep set of features. It also includes a tuner and an audio/visual metronome with a tap tempo feature. If you want to control the effects parameters from an external MIDI controller that generates MIDI Continuous Controller messages, you can buy the MIDI option as an in-app purchase. For instance, you could use a MIDI pedal to operate the wah. You’ll need a MIDI interface for your iPhone or iPod touch, and we suggest you check out our iRig MIDI 2.
And now you can also control AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix via IK’s iRig BlueBoard Bluetooth foot pedal controller. iRig BlueBoard gives users a stompbox-like experience with four assignable MIDI-buttons that can be used to trigger effects, cycle through patches and swap presets from the floor. The latest version of AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix makes the pairing even more seamless and powerful by adding built-in support and a new mode that allows for global control of AmpliTube’s robust built-in recorder.
New and improved
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ is now fully compatible with Apple's iOS 8, including the Inter-App Audio feature, which lets you connect the output from one app to the input of another. Like all the other AmpliTube apps, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ functions as an "Effects" app in an Inter-App Audio setup, processing audio from other apps in realtime with its powerful amp models and effects. For example: it works great in tandem with Apple GarageBand.
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ is also Audiobus compatible. That means you can open it through the Audiobus app (a 3rd-party app that requires separate purchase), and use it with other compatible apps, such as SampleTank, VocaLive, and iLectric Piano, for real-time, inter-app audio routing. AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ is one of the few audio apps that's versatile enough to be used in any of the three Audiobus "slots": Input, Effects and Output.
Upgrade your AmpliTube and rock Jimi Hendrix’s gear
If you currently own AmpliTube for iPad, upgrade to the latest version (now available as a free upgrade), and all AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ gear models will be available for in-app purchase, either as a complete set or a-la-carte. This is recommended if you’d like to use the AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ models with your other AmpliTube for iPad gear models.
You can now also use iCloud to transfer your in-app gear purchases between the 5 main versions of AmpliTube.
You’ll need a guitar interface of some sort to plug your guitar or bass into AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ on your iPad. For the best experience, we recommend one of our interfaces, such as iRig, iRig HD or iRig Pro. All of them make it quick and easy to connect and perform with your favorite instrument and all of Jimi's gear. For an even more authentic experience, try controlling the effects from the floor with iRig Stomp or iRig BlueBoard. Both let you integrate AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix into your live rig — that is to say, you can bring Jimi's rig with you to your next gig. How cool is that? Very cool.
- Real-time guitar mobile multiFX + recording app with Jimi Hendrix tone
- Full rig with 4 simultaneous stompboxes + amp with effects + cabinet
- 11 Jimi Hendrix™ gear models: 5 Stompboxes (Noise Filter, Fuzz Age, Octa-V, Uni-V, Wah 46) 2 Amplifiers (JH Gold, JH Dual) 2 cabinets (2x15"J, 4x12"J) and 2 Microphones
- Includes Jimi Hendrix™ Discography Presets
- Jimi Hendrix™ song links directly within the app for play-along
- Single-track recorder expandable to 8-track studio with master effects (via in-app purchase)
- Import and play songs as backing tracks from your iPod library or computer
- Slow down or speed up the tempo (-50% to +200%) of imported songs without affecting their pitch
- NO VOICE feature allows you to effectively remove the lead vocal or guitar solo from existing tracks
- MIDI Control feature for parameter modification and preset changes (requires a MIDI adapter like the iRig MIDI 2) - available as in-app purchase - free if you already use iRig MIDI 2 or iRig Pro
- Lightning and 30-pin digital audio compatibility
- Audio copy/paste between tracks in the recorder, or between compatible apps
- "Restore Purchases" feature restores your in-app purchases
- Export high quality audio (WAV/m4A) via email, FTP, iTunes and direct to SoundCloud
- Included tuner and metronome
- Low latency for real time playing
- AutoFreeze feature that allows you to go back and tweak amp/effects settings on a recorder track, after you've recorded and added effects to other tracks
- Can be incorporated into the AmpliTube for iPad app via in-app purchase
- Native support for iRig BlueBoard
- Project sharing between versions and different devices
- Improved MIDI control
- New multi-language dynamic tooltips
- Use iCloud to transfer in-app purchases between all AmpliTube versions
- Now compatible with Audiobus on iOS 8