Experience Hendrix tone on your iPhone and iPad
Jam out using Jimi’s legendary tones
The Jimi Hendrix legend continues. His revolutionary playing and creative use of guitars, amps and effects have influenced virtually every electric guitarist who’s come after him.
Using genuine Hendrix gear and our cutting-edge modeling technology, we developed an app that lets you tap into Jimi’s signature sounds right from your iPad. It’s AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™, which we created in collaboration with Authentic Hendrix, LLC.
The app is a multi-FX processor and recording studio that gives you instant access to incredibly accurate digital models of Hendrix’s gear. We even offer the presets in discography format, so you can dial in the tone from specific Hendrix songs.
When you open AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™, you can choose between two guitar amps, JH GOLD (based on the Marshall® JTM45™) and JH DUAL (based on the Fender® Dual Showman™). Each has its own matching cabinet.You also get to choose either a condenser or dynamic mic on the speaker cabinet.
The app offers four stompbox effects that are modeled from authentic Hendrix pedals: Uni-V (model based on Univox™ Uni-Vibe™), Octa-V (model based on the Roger Mayer™ Octavia®), Fuzz Age (based on the Arbiter® Fuzz Face®), and Wah 46 (model based on the Vox® V846™ wah), which is unlocked after registration. We also offer the Noise Filter effect from AmpliTube, to keep the high-gain sounds under control. The stompboxes can be placed in any order in the four effects slots before the amp and the two effects slots after the amp.
The unique AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ signal chain lets you build your rig with 6 simultaneous (4 pre amp, 2 post) stompbox effects running into an amplifier head, a speaker cabinet and a microphone. Each element of your tone is individually selectable, with fully operational controls for ultimate ‘tweak-ability’.
There’s magic in those presets
Usually presets are not the most exciting part of an app, but with AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™, we offer an extensive preset collection in the format of a Hendrix discography.
When you choose a preset, the app automatically selects the right amps and effects to totally nail the guitar tone from that song. Want to cop Jimi's tone from "Fire," the wild wah sound in "Rainy Day, Dream Away," or his fuzzed-out "Star Spangled Banner” tone? It’s easy: just select the preset.
Mike it in the Cab Room
You’re going to have a lot of fun experimenting and exploring sonic possibilities with AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™. Its “Cab Room” feature gives you the keys to your very own virtual studio room that you can use to mike your speaker cabinets in 3D with up to 2 different microphones.
Now you can easily find the sweet spot for any amp/cabinet combo or try wild, new combinations for an unlimited assortment of inspiring tones.
The portable professional recording studio
And you can record those inspiring tones, and even turn them into full songs, thanks to AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix’s many recording features. It comes with a built-in recording, mixing and editing system that can be expanded to up to 8 tracks. The recording mixer gives you full track controls: mute, solo, pan, level, per-channel sends and more.
And as if that wasn’t enough, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™’s optional Studio mode lets you harness the raw potential of DAW-style timeline waveform editing. This means that you can compose, arrange, remix, edit and produce complete songs from start to finish while on the go.
And when you’re finished you can export and share your masterpieces as high-quality WAV or m4A files.
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ has a secret weapon. It's called Loop Drummer, and it's like a drummer who always shows up, is always in the pocket and doesn't hit on your girlfriend. It’s a loop-based drum module that gives you smokin’ drum tracks to record, jam and practice with.
It comes with a selection of rock loops, and you can easily expand your collection thanks to its versatile library of additional Style Packs (with 64 loops in each) that cover nearly every rhythm you can imagine: Rock, Blues, Country, Pop, Funk, Punk, Metal, Electro and more. All in all, the Loop Drummer library has over 500 loops to choose from!
A truly super looper
Like to get loopy? The optional Looper feature gives you a convenient way to record and play up to 4 loops at a time. And you can export your creations using its handy export function. It's the perfect thing for when you want to experiment and come up with cool new ideas. Now you can create your own accompaniment and play with all sorts of different melodies, leads and chord progressions on the fly, and at the touch of a button.
The most precise tuner for iOS ever
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ comes with a pretty accurate tuner and metronome. But you can augment this with IK’s UltraTuner, the most precise tuner for iOS ever. It’s accurate down to 1/100th of a cent (that’s 10 times more accurate than mechanical strobe tuners, the hardware “gold standard” equivalent). It also features two modes that let you switch depending on whether you need an extremely visible tuner for low-light stage use or a hyper-accurate pitch-over-time display for more complex tuning scenarios: It's great for tuning all kinds of instruments and even for vocal and instrument pitch training and practice.
Learn your favorite riffs
Once you’ve got that tone dialed in, you might want to open the Song Player in AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ and load in Hendrix songs (or anything else) from your device’s iPod player to jam along with. You can even purchase Hendrix songs directly from the Song player interface. Imagine being able to play along with Jimi, with a sound that matches his! By the way, you can also load songs using Wi-Fi (which lets you transfer songs from your computer really easily) and File sharing. There’s more cool features in the Song window, including the Speed Trainer, which lets you take a song, for instance, “Red House” with Jimi’s incredible extended solo, and slow it down without changing the pitch so you can really hear what’s he was doing on the solo, in order to learn it yourself. But that’s not all. The NO VOICE feature is a vocal eliminator that makes it possible for you to sing on “Fire” or “The Wind Cries Mary”, or any song you’ve loaded into the player. Want to be Jimi for a day? Here's your chance!
Connections are important. Connections are creative. And with AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ you can take full advantage of iOS’ app-to-app routing options. You can use AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ with Inter-App Audio to process and add effects to the sound of all your favorite mobile music creation apps. This means that AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix’s realistic amplifiers, stompbox effects and other cool pieces of gear can be used with things like Apple GarageBand.
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ is also fully compatible with Audiobus (a third party app, sold separately). This lets you route audio through up to three apps. With it, you can use AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ as an effects processor for an instrument or for audio coming from another app. You can also use AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ to process and/or record the audio coming from other apps in the chain.
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ is also MIDI compatible, which means you can use your favorite MIDI controllers to change parameters and switch presets. It’s perfect for foot pedal and floor controllers, that you can connect with IK’s MIDI interfaces (like iRig MIDI 2, iRig Pro, iRig Pro Duo), and stompbox-style controllers, like IK’s iRig BlueBoard. Now you can wah, control volume, add gain, swap presets, adjust delay times and more, all without ever raising your hand.
- Real-time guitar mobile multiFX + recording app with Jimi Hendrix tone
- 11 Jimi Hendrix™ gear models: 5 Stompboxes (Noise Filter, Fuzz Age, Octa-V, Uni-V, Wah 46) 2 Amplifiers (JH Gold, JH Dual) 2 cabinets (2x15"J, 4x12"J) and 2 Microphones
- Includes Jimi Hendrix™ Discography Presets
- Jimi Hendrix™ song links directly within the app for play-along
- Make your dream rig from 6 stompbox effects (4 pre amp, 2 post), 1 amp, 1 cabinet and 2 positionable mics
- Utilizes the same great-sounding DSP as AmpliTube Custom Shop for OS X and PC
- "Cab Room" for 3D miking of cabinets for the utmost in sonic realism
- Built-in recorder (expandable to 8 tracks via in-app purchase)
- Advanced DAW-style editing (via in-app purchase)
- Loop Drummer drum module, a loop-based programmable drum module (additional Style Packs available via in-app purchase)
- UltraTuner, the most precise tuner for iOS (normally a standalone app), can be installed via in-app purchase
- Looper, a powerful 4-track looping tool (available via in-app purchase)
- Export high quality audio (WAV/m4A) via email, FTP, iTunes and direct to SoundCloud
- Import and play songs for use as backing tracks directly from your device library or computer
- NO VOICE feature lets you effectively remove the led vocal or guitar solo
- Powerful management system for presets, gear browsing and other navigation
- Includes a tuner and metronome
- Compatible with Audiobus
- Compatible with Apple's InterApp Audio feature
- MIDI Controllable
- Standalone app or available as in-app bundle in AmpliTube for iPhone and iPad
- Native support for iRig BlueBoard
- Use iCloud to transfer in-app purchases between all AmpliTube versions
- DAW-style Studio section available via in-app purchase
- “Cab Room" feature that allows 3D miking of cabinets with up to two mics (available via in-app purchase)
- 16 high-end studio mics now available via in-app purchase
- Looper feature (available via in-app purchase)
- Loop drummer module plays in sync with the recorder
- UltraTuner available for in-app purchase
- Added drag and drop stompbox FX placement
- You can now place 2 FX after the amp for even more sonic possibilities
- Complete project compatibility between iPhone and iPad AmpliTube versions
IMPORTANT: if you own AmpliTube for iPhone or iPad and you want to add all of the components of AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ into it, we advise you NOT to purchase the AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ app but instead add the AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ amps and effects all together or single a-la-carte gear directly in AmpliTube through in-app purchase.
You can also use iCloud to transfer your in-app gear purchases between the main versions of AmpliTube.