Get ready to rock with the ultimate tone processing and recording studio
for iPhone and iPad
What's new in AmpliTube 4.3
- Simultaneous multi-track recording - use your iRig Pro Duo or class compliant USB audio interface to record up to 8 channels of audio at the same time
- MESA/Boogie gear now available for in-app purchase: Dual Rectifier, Triple Rectifier, MARK III, MARK IV, TransAtlantic TA-30 and more
- Superior sound with the same amp DSP and oversampling option as AmpliTube Custom Shop for Mac and PC
- Over 100 pieces of available gear
- "Cab Room" feature — 3D cabinet miking with two mics
- 16 high-end studio microphones available
- 4-Track Looper with export feature
- “Drag and drop” effects placement – 4 pre-amp and 2 post amp
- Loop Drummer now has time stretching and UNDO/REDO editing
- “Easy-to-browse” gear selection carousel
- Identical operation and features in iPhone & iPad versions with project sharing
Join the mobile music revolution! AmpliTube is an essential app that lets you use your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to process, play and record your guitar, bass or other instrument while on the go.
AmpliTube is an all-inclusive tone studio that gives you an expandable collection of ultra-realistic virtual versions of some of the most coveted gear on the planet.
Build the guitar or bass rig of your dreams and then use its powerful recording and editing tools and other handy features to capture your creativity whenever and wherever the inspiration strikes.
The guitar rig of your dreams
The first thing you’ll notice about AmpliTube for iOS is that it’s incredibly fun and easy to use. It lets you drag and drop pieces of virtual gear to create custom guitar and bass rigs comprised of 6 stompbox effects (4 pre-amp and 2 post), an amplifier and a speaker cabinet with up to 2 positionable microphones.
Sounds good, looks good too
The second thing you’ll notice about AmpliTube is that it sounds amazing and looks beautiful. That’s because it utilizes the same digital signal processor as the acclaimed AmpliTube 3 Custom Shop for Mac and PC. You'll hear the difference and immediately understand why AmpliTube has been used on countless records and has since become the industry standard tone studio for professional producers and recording studios around the world.
And those good looks? Let’s just say we’re obsessed with detail — each piece of virtual gear has been meticulously modeled so that it looks and sounds as good as it does in real life.
AmpliTube comes with an astonishing collection of virtual gear that includes 11 creative stompbox effects (delay, fuzz, overdrive, wah, envelope filter, chorus, flanger, phaser, octave, noise filter and distortion), 5 amplifiers (clean, crunch, lead, metal and bass), 5 speaker cabinets and 2 microphones (dynamic 87 and condenser 87).
We imagine that’s more than enough for you to get started. However, a part of the beauty of AmpliTube is that you can expand it thanks to our massive library of additional gear.
And this isn’t just any old gear, we’re talking world-class, drool-worthy pieces from some of the biggest and most respected brands in the industry, like MESA/Boogie®, Orange®, Fender®, ENGL®, Soldano®, Ampeg® and more. We’ve even got artist collections to choose from, like AmpliTube Slash and AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™. And all this gear is organized and presented in an easy-to-use carousel system that makes you feel like you've just walked into your local guitar store. Wanna rock like the pros? AmpliTube gives you the gear; the rest is up to you.
Mike it in the Cab Room
You’re going to have a lot of fun experimenting and exploring sonic possibilities with AmpliTube. Its “Cab Room” feature gives you the keys to your very own virtual studio room that you can use to mike your speaker cabinets in 3D with up to 2 different microphones.
Now you can easily find the sweet spot for any amp/cabinet combo or try wild, new combinations for an unlimited assortment of inspiring tones.
The portable professional
And you can record those inspiring tones, and even turn them into full songs, thanks to AmpliTube’s many recording features. It comes with a built-in recording, mixing and editing system that can be expanded to provide up to 8 tracks of simultaneous audio recording. The recording mixer gives you full track controls: mute, solo, pan, level, per-channel sends and more.
And as if that wasn’t enough, AmpliTube’s optional Studio mode lets you harness the raw potential of DAW-style timeline waveform editing. This means that you can compose, arrange, remix, edit and produce complete songs from start to finish while on the go.
And when you’re finished you can export and share your masterpieces as high-quality WAV or m4A files.
AmpliTube has a secret weapon. It's called Loop Drummer, and it's like a drummer who always shows up, is always in the pocket and doesn't hit on your girlfriend. It’s a loop-based drum module that gives you smokin’ drum tracks to record, jam and practice with.
It comes with a selection of rock loops, and you can easily expand your collection thanks to its versatile library of additional Style Packs (with 64 loops in each) that cover nearly every rhythm you can imagine: Rock, Blues, Country, Pop, Funk, Punk, Metal, Electro and more. All in all, the Loop Drummer library has over 500 loops to choose from!
A truly super looper
Like to get loopy? AmpliTube’s optional Looper feature gives you a convenient way to record and play up to 4 loops at a time. And you can export your creations using its handy export function. It's the perfect thing for when you want to experiment and come up with cool new ideas. Now you can create your own accompaniment and play with all sorts of different melodies, leads and chord progressions on the fly, and at the touch of a button.
The most precise tuner for iOS ever
AmpliTube comes with a pretty accurate tuner and metronome. But you can augment this with IK’s UltraTuner, the most precise tuner for iOS ever. It’s accurate down to 1/100th of a cent (that’s 10 times more accurate than mechanical strobe tuners, the hardware “gold standard” equivalent). It also features two modes that let you switch depending on whether you need an extremely visible tuner for low-light stage use or a hyper-accurate pitch-over-time display for more complex tuning scenarios: It's great for tuning all kinds of instruments and even for vocal and instrument pitch training and practice.
You can use AmpliTube with Inter-App Audio to process and add effects to the sound of all your favorite mobile music creation apps. This means that AmplITube’s realistic amplifiers, stompbox effects and other cool pieces of gear can be used with things like Apple GarageBand.
AmpliTube is also fully compatible with Audiobus (a third party app, sold separately). This lets you route audio through up to three apps. With it, you can use AmpliTube as an effects processor for an instrument or for audio coming from another app. You can also use AmpliTube to process and/or record the audio coming from other apps in the chain.
Learn your favorite riffs
AmpliTube is also a great tool for improving your chops. It has a slick song player section that lets you import songs and backing tracks. You get full control over these tracks, so you can speed them up or slow them down — all without changing pitch. It’s perfect for when you want to learn complex riffs and licks. It also features a “NO VOICE” mid-range cancelling feature that lets you turn off the lead vocal or guitar solo from an existing track so that you can step up and take center stage.
AmpliTube is also MIDI compatible, which means you can use your favorite MIDI controllers to change parameters and switch presets. It’s perfect for foot pedal and floor controllers, that you can connect with IK’s MIDI interfaces (like iRig MIDI 2), and stompbox-style controllers, like IK’s iRig BlueBoard. Now you can wah, control volume, add gain, swap presets, adjust delay times and more, all without ever raising your hand.
- Make your dream rig from 6 stompbox effects (4 pre amp, 2 post), 1 amp, 1 cabinet and 2 positionable mics
- Comes with 11 stompboxes, 5 amps, 5 cabinets and 2 mics
- Utilizes the same great-sounding DSP as AmpliTube 3 Custom Shop for OS X and PC
- "Cab Room" for 3D miking of cabinets for the utmost in sonic realism
- Features an entire universe of expansion content from brands like MESA/Boogie®, Orange®, Fender®, ENGL®, Soldano®, Ampeg® and more, plus content from our AmpliTube Slash and AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ collections
- Built-in recorder (expandable to 8 tracks with simultaneous multi-track recording via in-app purchase)
- Advanced DAW-style editing (via in-app purchase)
- Loop Drummer drum module, a loop-based programmable drum module (additional Style Packs available via in-app purchase)
- UltraTuner, the most precise tuner for iOS (normally a standalone app), can be installed via in-app purchase
- Looper, a powerful 4-track looping tool (available via in-app purchase)
- Export high quality audio (WAV/m4A) via email, FTP, iTunes and direct to SoundCloud
- Import and play songs for use as backing tracks directly from your iPod library or computer
- NO VOICE feature lets you effectively remove the led vocal or guitar solo
- Powerful management system for presets, gear browsing and other navigation
- Includes a tuner and metronome
- Compatible with Audiobus
- Compatible with Apple's iOS 9 including the InterApp Audio feature
- MIDI Controllable
- FREE version also available