New: MIDI control and program change + free instruments in every category
The 1.2 update to SampleTank® for iOS, the first pro-quality, sample-based sound and groove workstation available for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, is now available through the iTunes App store.
The update, for both regular and free versions, is available as a free download to existing users that adds support for MIDI Program Change and Controller editing of all edit strip knobs for enhanced expression and performance in any environment from the studio to the stage. The 1.2 update also now provides free instruments in every category so users can create instantly anytime and everywhere.
• 4-part multi-timbral professional quality sound and groove workstation
• Expandable sound library with more than 500 instruments in 16 categories
• Over 1,000 melodic and rhythmic patterns for groove creation or accompaniment
• Included 4-track MIDI recorder with audio export
• Built-in insert effects and master reverb
• Easy-to-use, intuitive interface
• Sound and effects editing with multiple parameters
• Support for MIDI Controllers and Program Change
• Play interface with piano keyboard, scale-based keyboard and drum pads
• Compatible with iPhone 4S, 4 and 3GS, iPod touch 4th and 3rd generation, iPad 3rd generation, iPad 2 and iPad with iOS 4.3 and newer
• Designed in concert with iRig MIDI interface for iOS devices
• Free version also available with 20 instruments (16 + 4 after registering)
Pricing and availability
SampleTank 1.2 is a universal app for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad and is now available on the iTunes App store for only $19.99/€15.99 with 136 high-quality instruments and over 1,000 patterns included. A free version of SampleTank is also available with 8 sounds plus their selection of patterns. An additional 22 expansion sound packs are available for in-app purchase starting from as low as $4.99/€3.99 each or all together for a competitive bundle price. Owners of iRig MIDI will also get an exclusive sound set of 48 sounds for free simply by registering. The 1.2 update is free to existing users.