The Hit Factory’s Grammy Award mixing engineer, Gary Noble, calls iLoud Micro Monitors “Little Giants”
Gary Noble is a grammy award mixing engineer at the Hit Factory. He has worked with many top artists around the world including Amy Winehouse, Anthony Hamilton, Mack Wilds and Nas to name a few. He is known for his ability to mix to many different music genres and bring the artists and producers vision to light. Recently he had the chance to get his hands on a pair of iLoud Micro Monitors and absolutely loves them. We sat down with him and asked a few questions about what he thinks of the iLoud Micro Monitors. Check out some comments he made about the sound and quality below.
“The iLoud Micro Monitors from IK Multimedia might be small but don't let their size fool you. They sound much bigger than they look and deliver a great deal of bass in such a small package. They make a great set of 2nd monitors in the studio and a great set of portable monitors while on the go. My nickname for the Micros is "Little Giants". I used them on a recent project for Warner Bros. and the Micros were used as a secondary reference. I like the fact that I could listen at lower levels and still get a full bodied sound.”
1. What need drew you to want to try this product?
"I needed a full range portable speaker that was not only easy to carry around but had good sound."
2. How long have you been working with the iLoud Micro Monitor?
"I've been using them for almost a month now."
3. What was your first impression?
"My 1st impression was they were small but had a "big sound”.
4. What do you like most about them?
"That I can set them up practically anywhere and work."
5. What surprised you the most?
"I was really surprised by the amount of bass the iLoud Micro Monitors play."
6. Where (studio, home, etc) do you use this product and what part do they play in your mixing now?
"I've used these in the studio, at home, hotel rooms etc. and they make a great alternate reference when mixing."
7. Can these be used in a professional Studio setting like Hit Factory?
"They can definitely be used in professional studios, editing suites, post production etc."
8. If you could tell everyone one final thing about this product, what would it be?
"Don't be fooled by the size. If you work with sound and or music the iLoud Micro Monitors are worth a listen."
9. You recently used them at The Hit Factory where you work on various projects. How do these fit into your mixing process now?
"When mixing at the Hit Factory I will now use the iLoud Micro Monitors along side my nearfields on every mix."
iLoud Micro Monitor available from music and electronics retailers worldwide, and from the IK Online Store for only $/€299.99 per pair (excluding taxes).
You can get more information on Gary Noble and some of the projects he has worked on @
Click Here to see what the some other experts are saying about iLoud Micro Monitor!